ACCO Workshop Program for 2024
Essentials on April 25 to April 26 2024
Combined – (Essentials and Dermoscopy) on April 25 to April 27 2024
Dermoscopy on April 26 to April 27 2024
Dermatopathology on April 28 2024
4 day Flap and Graft with 3 online modules on June 8 to June 11 2024
Face and Ear November 2 to November 4 2024
Register for workshop here
See all of the upcoming workshops here
Are you eligible for a Grant through Rural Workforce Agency Victoria (RWAV) to attend our workshops?
Click here to find out more
COVID – 19 Do I need to alter my skin cancer management?
As of August, 2021, ACCO recommends:
- Limit skin cancer checks to patients with a past history of skin cancer or marked actinic damage.
- Using gloves and hand washing is essential before and after each skin check.
- Polarised dermoscopy allows no contact between patient and instrument. This can be an advantage in these situations.
- Delay procedures to manage minor lesions and indolent skin cancers including SCC in situ and superficial BCCs.
- Surgery for wide local excision of melanoma, invasive SCC, or other BCCs should not be delayed on this basis alone.
- Consider reception triaging patients need for skin checks. Low risk patients can be asked to book at a later date.
- Any patient unwell with upper respiratory symptoms and / or fever should have a skin check deferred and should be advised to contact their local GP for advice on COVID testing, as guidelines vary between states.
Recent publications from the ACCO team are as follows :
- Nirenberg A, Steinman H, Dixon J, et al. Merkel cell carcinoma update: the case for two tumours. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2020:34:1425-1431
- Nirenberg A, Steinman H, Dixon A, Melanoma Extravascular Migratory Metastasis: An Important Underrecognized Phenomenon. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2020
- Nirenberg A, Steinman H, Dixon J, et al. Merkel cell carcinoma update: the case for two tumours. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2019.
- Dixon AJ, Dixon ZL, Anderson S, et al. Management of invasive melanoma. Aust J Gen Pract 2019;48:368-372.
- Dixon AJ, Anderson S, Dixon JB, et al. Cutaneous melanoma: Latest developments. Aust J Gen Pract 2019;48:348-353.