The ACCO workshop program for 2022 is as follows: Essentials and dermoscopy workshops combined over the three days of March Sat 12 / Sun 13 / Mon 14 2022
Essentials workshop on Saturday 12 Mar and Sunday 13 Mar 2022
Dermoscopy workshop on Sunday 13 Mar and Monday 14 Mar 2022
4 day Flap and graft over the Anzac weekend: Fri Apr 22 to Mon Apr 25 2022
This 4 day event is the same as the former 5 day event
1 face to face day is now replaced with zoom classes beforehand
These zoom sessions will be at 10:00 AM to Noon (AEST) on the 3 Saturdays prior to workshop; 2, 9 and 16 April
Face and ear workshop over the three day long weekend (Vic) Fri Sep 30, Sat Oct 1 Sun Oct 2 2022.
Dermatopathology workshop on Mon Oct 3, 2022
Register for workshop here
See all of the upcoming workshops here
Are you eligible for a Grant through Rural Workforce Agency Victoria (RWAV) to attend our workshops?
Click here to find out more
COVID – 19 Do I need to alter my skin cancer management?
As of August, 2021, ACCO recommends:
- Limit skin cancer checks to patients with a past history of skin cancer or marked actinic damage.
- Using gloves and hand washing is essential before and after each skin check.
- Polarised dermoscopy allows no contact between patient and instrument. This can be an advantage in these situations.
- Delay procedures to manage minor lesions and indolent skin cancers including SCC in situ and superficial BCCs.
- Surgery for wide local excision of melanoma, invasive SCC, or other BCCs should not be delayed on this basis alone.
- Consider reception triaging patients need for skin checks. Low risk patients can be asked to book at a later date.
- Any patient unwell with upper respiratory symptoms and / or fever should have a skin check deferred and should be advised to contact their local GP for advice on COVID testing, as guidelines vary between states.
Your ACCO academic team continue to publish research in skin cancer.
Recent publications from the ACCO team are as follows :
- Nirenberg A, Steinman H, Dixon J, et al. Merkel cell carcinoma update: the case for two tumours. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2020:34:1425-1431
- Nirenberg A, Steinman H, Dixon A, Melanoma Extravascular Migratory Metastasis: An Important Underrecognized Phenomenon. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2020
- Nirenberg A, Steinman H, Dixon J, et al. Merkel cell carcinoma update: the case for two tumours. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2019.
- Dixon AJ, Dixon ZL, Anderson S, et al. Management of invasive melanoma. Aust J Gen Pract 2019;48:368-372.
- Dixon AJ, Anderson S, Dixon JB, et al. Cutaneous melanoma: Latest developments. Aust J Gen Pract 2019;48:348-353.